LaserShip is a niche shipping carrier that services the eastern part of the United States. It helps to think of it like a ride share service, except for delivering packages. Anyone with their own vehicle can sign up to deliver packages. In this sense, LaserShip is similar to popular gig-economy delivery services such as Uber Eats or Postmates.
This is an interesting one. LaserShip claims that because of their gig-economy model, clients can ship their products to costumers faster than the major shipping carriers. They have over 60 operational facilities and four sorting hubs, which allows clients to reach over one hundred million consumers. However, it’s important to note that they only ship to the eastern part of the United States. That poses a problem if your E-commerce business is shipping parcels all over the country. Potential customers should also be wary of postage markups. LaserShip offers attractive delivery services, such as same day and next day shipping. However, shipping with USPS will almost always be cheaper, and delivery times are comparable.
- Over 60 operational facilities and 4 sorting hubs
- Drivers with vehicles can sign up to deliver packages on their own schedules
- They are developing an app that will let you choose the specific date, time and location you want for your deliveries
- LaserShip only services the eastern United States
- No service to Vermont, Maine, Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee
- Keep package restrictions in mind
- Package size is limited to 10,000 cubic inches and 42 inches per single dimension. 50 pounds is the maximum package weight.