USPS First Class Package Service is one of the US Postal Service’s most popular shipping services, perfect for sending out lightweight items in a quick timeframe. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
USPS First Class Package Service: The Breakdown
- Delivery occurs between 1-3 business days anywhere in the United States
- Free door-to-door tracking included
- Maximum weight allowed is 15.999 ounces (just under 1 pound)
- Maximum dimensions allowed are 22 inches long, 18 inches wide, and 15 inches thick (22x18x15″)
- USPS First Class Package doesn’t come with built-in insurance (therefore, we recommend that you purchase additional shipping insurance when using this service)
- There are no USPS branded boxes for First Class Package
- You’ll need to use your own packaging for this mail class. There are free USPS boxes for other mail classes, such as Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express.
First Class Package Service Pricing Table (Commercial Pricing)
The following table is a complete pricing chart for First Class Package as of 2019. The table reflects USPS Commercial Pricing rates, the deepest level of discounts that you can only get with online shipping software solutions. The Retail Rate for First Class Package—what you’ll pay at the Post Office—can be up to 28% more expensive.