Join Rockwell Sands, Editor in Chief of Shipping School, as he gives a “How to Ship Like a Pro” presentation for beginning shippers navigating the eCommerce landscape. He is joined by Rick Hernandez, VP of Business Development and Commercial Innovation for eCommerce at Pitney Bowes, and Clark Ransom, Chief Operating Officer at DesktopShipper. “Shipping 101: How to Ship Like a Pro” begins at 15:40.
Why Learning How to Ship Like a Pro is Crucial
Now more than ever, shipping like a pro is more important than it has been in the past. eCommerce growth in the United States is surging despite the Coronavirus pandemic, and oftentimes, shipping costs are the biggest drain to your bottom line. To speak candidly, most people don’t ship the right way, and the process can be quite complicated with all the rules and regulations out there…but it doesn’t have to be. We put together this basic video to clear up any confusion around the process, so that you can focus on doing what you do best: running your business.
Overview of the Presentation
Below are the main talking points of the presentation:
- Choosing the right carrier for your needs
- USPS is the best for eCommerce, with affordable rates and quick delivery times
- Making use of free online shipping software
- Buy and print labels from your own home or office
- Access the deepest level of discounts such as USPS Commercial Pricing
- Schedule free “contactless” pickups done by your letter carrier
- Choosing the right mail class for your products
- Take advantage of free USPS boxes to save even more money
- If brand visibility is important to you, there are several benefits to investing in custom packaging
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions after watching the presentation, that’s okay! Shipping is a complicated world to navigate, but we’re here to help. Reach out and drop us a line! We’ll always do the best we can to point you in the right direction.