AxleHire is a niche shipping carrier that focuses on providing last mile delivery. They boast some big name clients such as Walmart, Gobble, HelloFresh and more. Potential clients should note that service is limited to Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Portland, and Seattle.
Since they specialize in local, last mile delivery, AxleHire is a popular solution for same-day and next-day shipping amongst retail and E-commerce businesses. They work with businesses in a wide variety of industries, such as meal kits/prepared foods, grocery stores, prescription medication and more. AxleHire also offers an API solution so clients can customize their shipping process. However, potential clients should note that service is limited to the western part of the United States. If time is of the essence for shipping parcels such as perishables, they are a fine option…but that’s money you don’t need to spend unless you HAVE to, in our opinion. We suggest shipping with USPS directly as opposed to working with a last mile delivery company. You’ll save more money, and you can ship certain mail classes like Priority Mail Cubic that deliver parcels in just 1-3 days.
- Same-day, next-day, and 2-day deliveries
- Sunday delivery also available
- Warehousing and sorting services
- Customizable API
- Browse more features
- Recipients receive real time text notifications and clients receive photo proof of delivery
- Refrigerated shipping keeps frozen food and perishable shipments cool
- Dispatch team offers clients 24/7 support
- Contact form also available on their website
Not sure if AxleHire is right for you?
To explore the best carriers, check our guide: