Built specifically for artists to sell their work online, Big Cartel is a powerful E-commerce platform that allows users to create and host their own online stores. Big Cartel currently hosts more than 250,000 stores run by artists selling all kinds of stuff from all over the world.
Big Cartel is a popular platform amongst artists and creators of physical merchandise. Compared to other platforms their prices are quite affordable, with their entry-level “Platinum” plan starting at just $9.99/month. They have also placed a lot of emphasis on their platform being easy to use. However, users often complain about the site’s lack of scalability as their businesses grow. If you are a painter or clothing designer looking to just sell a few products without any headache, then maybe Big Cartel is right for you. However, if you run a fully functioning E-commerce business looking to service a wide customer base, we suggest browsing through some other platforms.
- Sell products directly on Big Cartel or on Facebook
- Custom API solution allows users to integrate apps and shipping software
- Real time inventory management
- Browse more features
- Geared towards creators selling merchandise, jewelry, artwork, prints and more
- Three subscription plans: Platinum ($9.99/month), Diamond ($19.99/month), and Titanium ($29.99/month)
- Free “Gold” version also available, but features are limited
- Number of products users can sell are limited based on their subscription plan
- Email support available from 9 am – 6 pm EST, Monday – Friday