Tailored more to individuals than businesses, Mercari is a peer-to-peer online marketplace that lets users buy and sell items at heavily discounted prices.
Mercari brands themselves as “The Selling App.” As such, their bread and butter is their mobile app that users can download from the App Store or the Google Play store. This platform is best for individuals selling items here and there for some extra pocket change. If you fall in that category, then Mercari is a fine choice! It’s easy to sign up, take some photos of your items, and start selling. However, if your E-commerce business is looking to seriously sell products online and reach a wide customer base, this website is not for you. We suggest checking out some other platforms if that’s the case. There are several “all-in-one” solutions out there that are more powerful and don’t charge such a high transaction fee. Some of them even allow you to create your own customizable digital storefront. That’s something every serious E-retailer needs.
- Free to sign up and list items
- Mercari charges a flat fee of 10% per transaction when a sale is made
- Sellers receive a printable shipping label via email when they sell an item
- Browse more features
- Mobile App makes it easy for users to sell items
- Apple and Google operating systems both supported
- Phone and email support available on their website
- Users will need to create an account in order to access live chat support