Headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, Federal Express (aka FedEx) is one of the largest private shipping companies in the world. In fact, it was the world’s very first overnight delivery service! Today, their core competency continues to be overnight shipping and urgent delivery. On average, FedEx ships about 13 million documents and packages spanning 220 countries on a single day. That’s pretty good for a company once saved from the brink of bankruptcy with blackjack winnings!
Generally speaking, FedEx should be the shipping carrier you choose if you’re looking for delivery to commercial addresses or for shipping niche items. Their speciality is commercial address shipping, urgent or emergency delivery, and shipping perishable items. That said, FedEx tends to be on the pricier side. However, they are undoubtedly your best option if you’re in a pinch to get something delivered ASAP, or if you’re shipping something like frozen pre-packaged meals. They also offer next-flight out shipping 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, if you ever find yourself in an emergency shipping scenario.
- Quickest delivery speed of any carrier
- Excellent choice for shipping frozen food and perishable items
- Emergency next-flight shipping available 24/7
- You can take advantage of postage discounts by using shipping software
- Packing and shipping services offered at every FedEx Office
- These locations also offer general office services such as printing, copying, and scanning documents
- Schedule a pickup from your home or warehouse
Not sure if FedEx is right for you?
To explore the best carriers, check our guide: