A direct competitor to the Rollo label printer, the Phomemo label printer is a cheaper and much sleeker alternative for thermal printing 4×6″ shipping labels at rapid speeds.
The Phomemo Label Printer (or more specifically, the Phomemo PM246) is a solid option if you’re in the market for a 4×6″ direct thermal label printer. Functionally speaking, it’s quite reliable, only takes a few minutes to set up, and does everything you’d want a thermal printer to do. Aesthetically, it’s definitely more modern and sleeker-looking than the Rollo. The company simply doesn’t have the brand awareness or market share that Rollo does…but that doesn’t mean the device is inferior.
Normally, this device is about $10 cheaper than the Rollo, coming in at $169.99. In our opinion, that discount isn’t steep enough to drive people away from the Rollo. However, at the time of writing this review, there’s one time-sensitive perk worth mentioning: Phomemo is advertising a sale that features both the printer itself as well as a stack of 4×6″ labels for just $149.99 on their website. So, if you’re looking to invest in a solid 4×6″ thermal printer at an affordable cost, this bundle may be just the ticket you’re looking for.
Phomemo Label Printer Highlights:
- Purchase both the printer and an included stack of 4×6″ labels for a steep discount
- High speed printing at 6 inches/second (roughly one label per second)
- Connect to a computer or mobile device via a USB cable
- Compatible with multiple label sizes within 4×6″ parameters, such as 4×3″, 4×2″, 3×2″, and 3×1″
- Live-chat and email customer support on the Phomemo website
- Technical support issues can result in a wait time of 12 hours via email
- Use either fan-fold or rolls of 4×6″ labels
- Label holder from Rollo sold separately for $19.99 on Amazon
Not sure if the Phomemo Label Printer is right for you?
To explore better, more versatile options, check out our guide: