PrestaShop is an open source software that is free to download, allowing users to easily build and customize their online storefront.
PrestaShop is a popular platform to start selling products online. Users rave about how easy it is to use and update, and the ability to get up and running without any code. In that sense, it appeals to businesses that aren’t very tech savvy. However, the biggest downside is that users need to shell out a one-time payment for Apps and add-ons. A lot of other E-commerce platforms such as Shopify and Volusion offer a full suite of features already built in. While PrestaShop’s platform is free to download and doesn’t require a monthly subscription, we’ve found that continuously paying for Add-ons can get pretty expensive. Therefore, we suggest browsing through some other platforms to do some comparisons before you decide to bust out your credit card.
- Sell unlimited products and organize them exactly how you want
- Create categories and subcategories
- Track inventory and receive product insights
- Create and manage product layout, one-page checkout and more
- Browse more features
- Free to download
- View a live demo to see a mockup storefront
- Wide variety of customizable themes to build from
- Not a very large selection of built-in Apps
- Users must pay for add-ons such as an live chat module, Google Shopping, SEO services and more—this can get expensive
- Contact forms available on their website for support