Priority Mail Express is USPS’ overnight shipping service, and the fastest service they offer. When shipping to and from urban destinations, delivery occurs the next day. When shipping to or from rural areas, delivery occurs within 2 days. The Postal Service guarantees 1-Day or 2-Day expedited service by 3 p.m., or shippers get their money back.
USPS Priority Mail Express: The Breakdown
- Delivery occurs overnight (to and from urban destinations)
- Delivery occurs within 2 days when shipping to or from urban areas
- Free door-to-door tracking included
- Maximum weight allowed is 70 pounds
- $100 of built-in USPS insurance included
- USPS offers free express boxes and envelopes (but always make sure you pay for the service marked on USPS branded shipping supplies)
- You can also use generic boxes or your own customized packaging
The Pricing Table (Commercial Pricing)
The following table is a complete pricing chart for Priority Mail Express as of 2019. The table reflects USPS Commercial Pricing rates, the deepest level of discounts that you can only get with online shipping software solutions. The Retail Rate—what you’ll pay at the Post Office—can be up to 15% more expensive.
Note that you’ll always save the most money on Priority Mail Express shipments if your item can fit in any of the three flat rate envelope types that USPS offers. If you’d like to see the full pricing chart for packages weighing up to 70 pounds, visit USPS’ website.