When they first started out, Pitney Bowes originally went down the path of making postage meters rather than providing access to USPS postage online. However, Pitney Bowes is now considered one of the “Big 4” PC Postage Providers. The other three that make up the group are Stamps.com, EasyPost, and Endicia.
Pitney Bowes has grown into a gigantic company that provides a slew of mailing and shipping services. In addition to being a leading third-party postage provider, they also offer a full suite of fulfillment services such as kitting, assembly, pick and pack, warehousing, returns processing and more. In this sense, Pitney Bowes is a “one stop shop” for E-commerce businesses where clients can buy postage online at discounts and outsource their order fulfillment. However, potential clients should keep an eye out for markups they add on top of their published postage prices. As one may expect from a publicly traded company, their services also don’t come cheap. To speak frankly, there are other shipping software options out there that are free to use and let you access even deeper USPS discounts.
- Shipping API integrates into virtually any marketplace or shopping cart, such as Amazon, eBay, Shopify and more
- “Complete Shipping” combines online stores, warehouses and distribution centers onto a single scalable platform
- Platform includes rate shopping so clients receive optimal prices from different shipping carrier options
- Their “Complete Marketplace” service makes international shipping easy
- Entering into one simple contract with Pitney Bowes places clients on several marketplaces around the world
- Browse more features
- Rent a postage meter to help you buy exact postage when mailing letters and shipping parcels
- Ranked #1 in international E-commerce and fulfillment services by the Internet Retailer Top 1000
- Automated voice message system is available 24/7
- Representatives available 8 am – 8 pm EST, Monday – Friday
Not sure if Pitney Bowes is right for you?
To explore some cheaper, easier options, check our guide: