Shippo offers both a shipping platform and API solution for E-commerce retailers, marketplaces, and logistics providers. Shippo offers real-time rates for multiple shipping carrier options, such as USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL. It also allows for label creation, international mailing documents, tracking, and even return processing. They offer three subscription plans: Pay-As-You-Go, Pro, and Premier. You get different levels of service depending on which subscription plan you choose.
Customers praise the user interface and how easy it is to import orders. Shippo advertises the best discounts for major carriers such as USPS and DHL. However, it’s important to note that they charge $0.05 per label on top of postage prices for their entry-level subscription plan, called “Pay-As-You-Go.” Therefore, your monthly cost of shipping depends on how many labels you print. While this may seem like a small markup, this number can add up if you’re shipping out a lot of packages.
Shippo offers a wide variety of features for E-commerce retailers, marketplaces, and logistics providers alike.
- Send customizable email notifications to your customers
- Address validation helps you avoid shipping errors and failed deliveries
- This service is free for US addresses, but international addresses cost either $0.06 or $0.08 depending on the plan you choose
- Upload existing CSV files to create labels and avoid manual entry errors
- Generate pre-filled customs forms
- Create daily manifests and USPS SCAN forms for your batch shipments
- Browse more features
- Easy international shipping with discounted DHL Express rates
- Generate return labels for any order in your package history
- Fully customize your solution by connecting your stack with Shippo’s API
- Add multiple users per account, making it easy to collaborate with partners or team members (with either Pro or Premier subscription)
- 30-day free trial for their Pro subscription plan
- Large variety of educational support and webinar training