Scheduling a USPS pickup is a much easier way to hand off your packages than trucking everything to the Post Office. If you’re an E-commerce business owner, that’s good news for you! The best part about scheduling a USPS pickup is that it’s often free. Follow the steps below and you’ll be golden.
How to Schedule a USPS Pickup
- First, visit USPS.com to schedule a pickup.
- Fill out the following sections, which include:
- “Where should we pick up?”
- “Where should we look for your shipment?”
- Include any special instructions in this field. For example, write in if USPS needs to call a certain phone number or be made aware of any other aspects of your delivery
- “What time should we pick up?”
- “When should we pick up?”
- Make sure to schedule your pickup prior to midnight on the day you want your items picked up.
- You will want to make all final edits before 2:00 AM CST (Central Standard Time).
- “How many items are we picking up?”
- Document how many packages are being picked up and their combined weight. Estimate as closely as possible.
- Once you complete all these sections, click “Schedule a Pickup”
The Two Times You Can Schedule a USPS Pickup
- During your usual mail delivery time – FREE
- Scheduling a specific pickup time – Around $22
You’re All Set!
Once you’ve completed all these steps, you’re good to go for pickup! Pretty easy, right? If you want more information on scheduling a USPS Pickup, feel free to check out the USPS FAQs.
Pro Tip: Did you know that you can also schedule a pickup with shipping software? Sometimes it’s a lot easier to go through an app like Pirate Ship rather than going through the USPS website. That way, you can save money on postage AND schedule a pickup at the same time!