International Bridge is a shipping and logistics company offering a product called blue™, a web-based shipping software solution and API for shippers of all sizes to connect to. As a company, International Bridge has been around since the 90’s, and boasts a global network of carriers, airlines, and agents to “deliver flexible and and customized solutions” to their customers. However, they are relative newcomers to the shipping software game.
When we explored blue™, we got the impression that it’s a good platform, albeit a nascent still working its kinks out. When we signed up, one of their agents was supposed to call and verify our identity within a few minutes. This never happened, and we couldn’t use the platform as a result. That said, the next day rolled around, and we were good to go!
blue™ offers integrations with major eCommerce platforms, such as Shopify, Etsy, BigCommerce, Amazon, eBay, and more. They also claim to offer the deepest discounts across multiple carriers, but from the looks of it, it really depends on what (and where) you’re shipping. When exploring their rate calculator, it only asked us for package weight. When we entered ours, it provided us with standard weight-based services such as USPS Priority Mail and UPS 2nd Day Air. These services were in fact slightly more discounted than retail rates.
Something interesting is that the software prompts you to fill out a Google Form to get “further discounts and more detailed info.” So, there are cheaper rates you can access the deeper in with them you go! The company also offers expedited customs clearance for shipments between China and the United States, which is quite useful if you’re a high-volume international shipper.
Users can pay for postage on blue with either a credit card, or through ACH bank account transfers. However, they should note that blue™ charges a 3% fee on all credit card transactions, and the company itself doesn’t recommend ACH (because of how slow it is and the lack of convenience).
- Discounted rate comparison across multiple shipping carriers
- Import addresses from .CSV files, Excel files, and local SQL databases
- Variety of eCommerce platform integrations (Shopify, Etsy, Amazon, eBay, BigCommerce, etc)
- Automatic refunds for all unused labels
- Browse more features
- Shippers take advantage of International Bridge’s global network of carriers, airlines, and agents
- In this sense, the company acts as a logistics company as well as a shipping software solution
- Deeper shipping discounts available for high-volume partners
- Free registration for blue™ and no subscription fees
- Both web-based software and full shipping API for customizable enterprise solutions
- Access to unique consolidator partner services, such as pre-clearance for shipments to and from China
- Shipments from China to the United States delivered in 3-6 business days using International Bridge’s “clean channel”
- 24/7 online chat support
Not sure if International Bridge is right for you?
To explore the cheapest, easiest options, check out our guide: